Today we witnessed the Low Sodium Showdown on The Dr. Oz Show. Present on the Sets was none other than G. Garvin, the host of Road Trip with G. Garvin, on the Cooking Channel. We don’t need a lot of Salt to make our Food Tasty.
Salt contains Sodium which is not good for our Heart. Some Low Sodium Ingredients Recommended on The Show were – Garlic, Spices, Chicken Broth, Tomato Paste and Infused Oils. Also present on The Show Today were Sisters Tiffany and Kimberly. While Tiffany created a Tomato and Tabasco Sloppy Joe Recipe, Kimberly crafted a Jalapeno Sloppy Joe one.
Dr. Oz dared them to create their Favorite Recipes minus the Sauces and Salt and the Sisters obeyed. G. Garvin and Dr. Oz were mighty pleased with the results and declared both of them Winners. Please check out the Sloppy Joe Recipes below and try them out @ Home.
Tomato and Tabasco Sloppy Joe Recipe
1. Four Hamburger Buns. Should be Split.
2. One Tablespoon Vegetable Oil.
3. One Green Bell Pepper. Should be Chopped.
4. One Red Bell Pepper. Should be Chopped as well.
5. One Teaspoon Tabasco Sauce.
6. Two Garlic Cloves. Should be Chopped.
7. Black Pepper. Should be Freshly Ground.
8. Two Pounds of Beef. Should be Lean and Ground.
9. One 8 oz Can of Tomatoes.
10. Three Tablespoons of Low-Sodium Tomato Paste.
11. Half a Cup of Molasses.
12. One-Fourth Cup of Low-Sodium Chicken Broth.
1. Heat your Oil in a Large Skillet.
2. Add Bell Peppers and Chopped Garlic. Cook for around Three Minutes.
3. Season with Pepper.
4. Now, please add beef to the Skillet. Cook while Stirring for 8 Minutes or so. The Beef should be fully Cooked by now.
5. Add your Tomato Paste, Hot Sauce, Canned Tomatoes and Chicken Broth.
6. Cook for around Ten Minutes on a Low-Medium Heat.
7. Serve on your Buns!
Jalapeno Sloppy Joe Recipe
1. One Pound of Lean Beef which has been Ground.
2. One Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil.
3. One Tablespoon of Agave Nectar.
4. One Tablespoon of Low-Sodium Tomato Paste.
5. One-Fourth Cup Onion. Should be Chopped.
6. One-Fourth Cup Green Bell Pepper. Should be Chopped as well.
7. Half Teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
8. One Teaspoon of Prepared Yellow Mustard.
9. Three-Fourth Cup of Low-Sodium Vegetable Stock.
10. Three Teaspoons of Brown Sugar.
11. One-Fourth Teaspoon of Salt.
12. Half Jalapeno Pepper. Seeds Removed and Diced.
13. One-Eighth Teaspoon Black Pepper.
14. Buns to Serve.
Cooking Instructions :
1. Take a Medium Sized Skillet and Cook your Beef, until brown, over Medium Heat, on it.
2. Now, please add Green Pepper, Jalapeno Pepper, Onion and Tomato Paste.
3. Stir in your Mustard, Garlic Powder, Brown Sugar and Vegetable Stock. Mix the Ingredients thoroughly.
4. Reduce the Heat and let Simmer for about Thirty Minutes.
5. Please add Agave Nectar, Salt and Pepper for Seasoning.
6. Serve on your Buns!Google+